Laser therapy heals tissue ailment by injecting billions of photons of invisible laser light deep into the tissues. Human tissue naturally contains protein strands called chromophores, which have the unique ability to absorb laser light energy and transform it into chemical energy. This chemical energy is used by the body to significantly reduce pain and accelerate the healing process naturally. Laser therapy is a safe, painless alternative to the injections in many cases.
Benefits of Laser Therapy:
- Rapid pain relief: Laser therapy increases blood flow to damaged areas and expedites natural healing.
- Anti-inflammatory action: Laser therapy reduces swelling caused by bruising or inflammation of joints, which enhances joint mobility and reduces pain.
- Reduced scar tissue: Laser therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue.
- Improved nerve function: Slow recovery of nerve function in damaged tissue can result in areas of reduced feeling and sensitivity. Laser therapy speeds nerve repair to restore feeling to numb area.
- No side effects: Laser therapy facilitates the natural healing process of the body and does not add any bio-mechanical, mechanical or neurological stress.
- Quick results: Some patients experience relief from pain the first treatment. This can vary from patient to patient, but typical results are very quick.
Laser Therapy can be used to treat:
- Plantar fasciitis (heel pain)
- Achilles tendinitis
- Toenail fungus (unsightly toenails)
- Diabetic neuropathy pain
- Sprains and strains
- Speed up healing of fractures